FAB Residential Program
FAB Residential Program
The Football Academy of Bangalore (FAB) boasts one of the most modern football training facilities in India. Highly qualified coaches, certified by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and All India Football Federation (AIFF) manage the training sessions. Apart from football training, yoga, strength & conditioning and swimming recovery sessions help keep the players in top shape.
Coaches & Performance Staffs
The training curriculum maximizes performance by focusing on each player’s development. Coaches monitor and evaluate progress on and off the field to evaluate them apart from evaluations of their match performance.
Once completed we share these results using one on one sessions with the player and parents to help both understand and assess the report. Players will have many opportunities to show their abilities in front of professional and semi-professional teams, scouts and trial sessions. Our focus on player development ensures that correct practice leads to enhanced performance, which leads to desired results.
The academy’s dormitory allocates player rooms on a twin-sharing basis. Wardens consist of three experienced coaches who ensure discipline is maintained. A full housekeeping and security staff ensure the facility is clean and secure at all times. Living with their FAB teammates and coaching staff as part of the residential program will enhance the possibility for each player to achieve their goal of becoming a professional player.
Our activities include more than just football training. We schedule the training programs in such a way that all possible training programs are included and given to the players in our academy to make each and everyone successful in their career.
Our activities include:
- Core and Yoga training – Football specific conditioning program – following FIFA and Raymond Verheijen training method
- Swimming exercises for strength and recovery
- Regular or Open school academic programs (Parents can choose)
- Tutors for Open school academic program
- In House Physiotherapist
- Medical insurance for all the players
- AFC and AIFF Trained and certified coaches handle all classes
- Sports Nutrition and Sports Psychology classes
- Specific training for goalkeepers
- Video analysis of matches and training for post-match analysis sessions.
- Fitness monitoring and testing
- Sports nutrition program by our resident Sports Nutritionist
- Team building activities.
Throughout the season we participate in a number of competitive leagues and tournaments, here are few.
- U 13 – AIFF Hero Sub Junior League, KSFA Youth Premier League, Double Pass League and practice matches
- U 15 – AIFF Hero Junior League, KSFA Youth Premier League, Double Pass League and practice matches
- U 18 – Bangalore District League ‘C’ Division, TAL Tournament, AIFF Hero Elite League and numerous practice matches
- Seniors – Bangalore District League ‘A’ Division, TAL Tournament
In addition, we participate in other invitational tournaments in India and abroad.
Included in our program is the schooling through the National Institute of Open Schooling or NIOS, which is promoted by the Govt. of India to help sportspersons attend their training but still, participate in academics. Tutors will be provided to take care of the students and take classes for them on-site at our football hostel. Those who wish to join other streams of education have a number of options through our partner schools and other institutions we can assist a parent with selecting. We have many institutions nearby offering State, CBSE and Cambridge syllabus. The cost of tuition in schools not part of our program will have to be borne by the parents.
We are conducting selection trials in 3 age groups:
- U 13 age group – Born on or after 1 Jan 2008 and on or before 31 Dec 2009
- U 15 age group – Born on or after 1 Jan 2006 and on or before 31 Dec 2007
- U 18 age group – Born on or after 1 Jan 2003 and on or before 31 Dec 2005